Sunday, May 9, 2010

♫ 100+ mini cupcakes on the wall 100+ mini cupcakes on the wall, you pick one up and wolf it down 100+ mini cupckaes on the wall ♪♪





these last few days have been BUSY, trying to attempt my mother's day drop offs of a lovely bunch of roses. I am not going to lie, it's taken me a few goes to get to the stage of being ok (just) to actually give these away. Boy was that bit fun. I just need to look into better packaging & am currently working/thinking away on baby showers bouquets that i will hopefully give a whirl once i come down from my sugar high lol.

I don't eat my own baking, but icing is fair game, especially when it's Italian butter cream...seriously you just need to hand me the biggest spoon |:-p. I made 6 "small" bouquets with mocha, vanilla and chocolate mini cupcakes. The purple "roses (well they should be, but coffee butter cream is a pig to re-dye lol) are coffee flavored Italian butter cream, the yellow roses are vanilla Italian butter cream & the pink roses are strawberry Italian butter cream. I have to admit whipping them all up was easy as pie in the kitchen aid (thank you again and again kitchen aid fair <3), and it definitely helps to have a new taste/look tester lol , huge thanks T :)

I can't wait to make these again and again, with any luck i will just get better and better at them :). I am not one to toot my own horn, but i think they look slightly better then ok and i am happy with that. Especially since all 3 kiddies are sick :-((, and there was alot of stop and starting. I just had to see these through :-). so today i am definitely running on sugar fumes.


before i forget i would like to take a moment to remember those (cupcakes) that perish for the greater good. One bouquet never made it to destination as it had a small tipping over incident while in the car (and no this has nothing to do with my driving style). You fought a brave fight bouquet #6.
ok picture overload coming your way.

Happy mother's day to all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment